Skip to main content
Music Quick Links
Frequently Used Resources (in order of relevance)
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses*
Covers every doctoral dissertation completed in the U.S. at accredited institutions for the last 150 years. Includes some master's theses and foreign language dissertations. The full text of dissertations published since 1997 are available in PDF.
Three Easy Steps
- Place your document on the flatbed scanner (lift the lid), or if loose-leaf, place in the ADF scanner with page one facing away from you.
- Touch SCAN on the left hand side of the touch screen.
- Accept the copyright notice. If you choose decline, your session will end.
- When your image is displayed, you can choose SCAN to scan more pages, choose Modify Images to make changes to your images, or choose Send to send/save your PDF files.
This equipment was purchased with an FSU Student Technology Fee Grant.
Modifying images (from the Modify Image(s) menu:
- You can easily rotate images.
- You can also choose to crop images by moving the blue arrows on the touch screen. Press “CLIP” to save your changes.
- You can delete images as well.
- Feel free to explore other options to further manipulate the contrast and color/black and white settings if you like.
Saving/Sending Your Images/Files
Formats: Images can be saved to PDF, Searchable PDF, JPG, PNG, Rich Text (for importing into a program such as Word, Excel, etc.), or Audio (for those with visual or learning disabilities).
- Images/files can be saved to a USB drive, or any device with a USB connection like an external hard drive.
- Please bring your own USB cables.
- You can change the file name from the right hand side menu.
- Images/files can be e-mailed to any valid e-mail address; be sure to type it in correctly as bounced e-mails are not saved.
- Larger images/files are best saved to a USB device.
- Images/files can also be saved to Google Documents/Drive. Be sure to type in “@gmail.com” after the username at that screen.
- The KIC workstation folks are working with other cloud storage providers to provide more options.
- QR codes: Images/files can be saved using a QR code reader.
- These apps are usually free for smart phones and tablet devices.
- To use the SmartDock, place your tablet or smart phone on the dock.
- Change the WiFi network to “KIC SmartDock.”
- Open the default internet browser on your device.
- Scan images, and choose to output to Smart Dock.
- A download option should display on the internet browser.
Questions? Need assistance? Please contact an Allen Music Library staff member at the circulation desk or call 850-644-5028.
Head, Warren D. Allen Music Library