FSU Libraries UBorrow Walkthrough
This short video from University Libraries can show you how to use the UBorrow Service.
Distance students can also take advantage of the UBorrow Service. UBorrow is an exciting new service that enables FSU library patrons to request materials from any one of the 37 participating state university library branches throughout Florida. The turnaround time is faster than interlibrary loan and it is also a way of borrowing books that are currently checked out and not available from FSU. Items will be delivered to FSU and then shipped to the distance learner's location. Please remember, that as with regular Interlibrary Loan, distance learners are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
For more information check out the UBorrow FAQ from University Libraries.
How to use UBorrow:
1. Search the FSU Catalog for your desired title. On the search results page check to see if the title is available from the FSU Libraries.
2. If the item is not available in your local library you can use UBorrow to locate and order this item from another library for you. In order to do that just click on the UBorrow icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. You will be taken to the UBorrow Catalog Search results page. Find and click on the title of the item.
4. On the record page for the item, click on the blue UBorrow logo listed under the item's title.
5. Enter your Library ID Number and Password. Click Sign In.
6. From the list of pickup locations select "Distance Learner." Click Place Request.
7. You will be shown a confirmation screen stating that your "Request was successfully placed."