FSU Library offers several tools to help you collect, organize and manage your research citations, as well as to create bibliographies pre-formatted in major citation styles (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.).
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager provided by the FSU Libraries for all Florida State University faculty, students, and staff that allows you to:
- Import references directly from online databases such as MEDLINE, PsycINFO, ERIC, etc.
- Store and organize references and files, such as images or full-text articles
- Create correctly-formatted bibliographies in all major styles (MLA, APA, etc.)
- Cite references inside Word documents and generate a correctly formatted bibliography as you write
- Export collections of references to other bibliographic software (such as EndNote)
Zotero is a free, open source citation manager that works as a browser plugin and also as a stand alone application on your computer. Some Zotero features:
- Browser plugins for Chrome, Safari or Firefox, as well as a standalong application for your desktop.
- Automatic extraction of citation information from websites, library catalogues, databases and more.
- Allows you to save PDFs, images, screenshots and notes along with the citation records you create.
- Automatically indexes the full-text content of your library, enabling you to find exactly what you're looking for with just a few keystrokes.
- Syncs your citation library in the cloud, so you can access it from any computer, or mobile device.
- Easy sharing of citation collections within a group, or on the web.
EndNote is bibliographic software that is available for purchase and installation on your computer. It will allow you to save and organize references, images, and other files and to create formatted bibliographies. EndNote Web is a component of EndNote that is available through the FSU Libraries. With EndNote Web, you can collect and organize references, format a bibliography, collaborate with others, and export references to an EndNote account.