In review articles you will find works that review, critique, and synthesize representative literature on a topic. It is a good place to learn about the topic and the most relevant publications on the topic.
Review articles typically (but not always) contain the word "review" or "literature review" in their titles.
To find review articles in STEM literature, try
1. Google Scholar
2. Article Databases, and/or
3. Annual Reviews journal collection
Here we'll show you how to find review articles at the three search systems, using the same topic for the search.
If the FSU Libraries does not have the journal, request an Interlibary Loan.
1) Go to Google Scholar
2) Enter a search keyword (or a phrase) and add intitle:review to the search statement.
"open pit mining" intitle:review
For the above search statement, Google Scholar will retrieve web documents on the corporate social responsibility where the titles of the documents include the search term, review.
1) At Earth Science Collection database (a Proquest database)
2) Enter the keywords and search in "Title" field. If you are to conduct an extensive search on the topic, then do not limit your search to the "Title" field.
3) Limit your search by Full-Text, Scholarly Journals, and References available
1) The Annual Reviews database is a wonderful source to check out for finding review articles in most disciplines
2) At the "Annual Reviews " database enter the search keywords to conduct a search. Because you are already searching a "review articles" database, you don't have to add a word "review" to your search statement