Skip to Main Content
Links to Copyright Clearance Resources
- Copyright Clearance Center
- (CCC) issues fees for permission to use copyrighted works.
- United States Copyright Office
- See "Search Copyright Records." Search records of registered books, music, art, and periodicals, and other works. Includes copyright ownership documents.
- WATCH: Writers, artists, and their copyright holders.
- WATCH is a database of copyright contacts for writers, artists, and prominent people in other creative fields. It is a joint project of the Harry Ransom Center and University of Reading Library in England. Founded in 1994 as a resource principally for copyright questions about literary manuscripts held in the U.S. and the U.K., it has now grown into one of the largest databases of copyright holders in the world.
Other Helpful Links
- Copyright Toolbox
- Copyright Clearance Procedures, published by berkley.edu
- Getting Permission
- Collective Rights Organizations | Contacting OwnerChanged Owner | Authority | In Writing | Difficulty Identifying Owner | Unidentifiable/Unresponsive Owner.
- If copyright holder is known then see their web site. They may provide a statement concerning the reproduction and/or adaptation of copyrighted works that they own.
- Stanford's Copyright Renewal Database
- Stanford's Copyright Renewal Database makes searchable the copyright renewal records received by the US Copyright Office between 1950 and 1992 for books published in the US between 1923 and 1963. Note that the database includes ONLY US Class A (book) renewals.