Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Music Quick Links
Frequently Used Resources
FSU Library Catalog
The FSU Library Catalog should be your first stop for finding books, scores, recordings, and videos in the Allen Music Library. Not only can you find information about what we have, but you can request items from the other state university libraries with just a few clicks!
If I could only share a few searching tricks with you, they would be
- Using a KEYWORD search, you can quickly find many scores and sound recordings. Search for the original language title of the work (e.g., Barbiere di Siviglia) or for the genre in the plural form plus an opus or work number (e.g., a keyword search for "symphonies and 550"). This really does work!
- Another trick is to use either "compact disc*" or "videorecording*" in your keyword search to find that particular format. The * is a truncation symbol.
- Use the LIMIT features to focus your search (choose "Show other search options" to see those features). For example, one can limit a search to just scores or sound recordings/ Explore the limit options to save yourself time. If you use the ADVANCED KEYWORD search from the start, you can have a more precise search.
- Add (to folder) option. You can email these bibliographies to yourself or print them out.
- TXT! You can text the call number to yourself and save some paper!
- If there's something you need that's checked out at FSU or that we don't have, choose the link "Show items you can request statewide through UBORROW." This works well for scores and books.
- You can also use the Renewals/Library account link to
- see what you have checked out
- see what you have requested from other campuses
Head, Warren D. Allen Music Library