Skip to Main Content
Business Source Complete
- Provides in-depth company reports from MarketLine. Articles and other reports may be available.
- Enter Company name in search box
- Set dropdown to “Company Entity”
- Using the blue menu bar at the top of the screen, hover over More and select Company Profiles
- Search the company's name or ticker symbol using dropdown at right of search box set to “Company/organization – ORG”
- Provides in-depth company profiles by combining information.
- Under “Subject” tab can search for Corporate/Industrial News can search for subheadings: Analyst’s Comments, Business Destructive Innovation, Capacity, Corporate Strategy/Planning, Digitization, Environmental/Social/Governance, Information Technology, Labor/Personnel, Products/Services, Regulation/Government Policy, Research/Development, Supply chain, etc.
- Can find articles, links and websites for company and industry information. Use .PDF or .doc to find relevant information
- Provides detailed company information for international and US public companies.
- Find business segments here! Current and historic financial data, detailed info on executives, and competitor lists.
- “Company Financials” covers yearly or quarterly financial data in “As Reported”, “Preliminary Data”, “Standardized”(comparable with other companies), “Restated”, company “Ratios” and “Analysis” of the financials.
- “Annual Reports” (dark green tab under company information) will list the Annual Report (i.e. report favorable to company), the 10-K (SEC required report), and addition reports like Corporate Social Responsibility, Interim Reports, etc.
- “Filings” (dark green tab under company information) will list the actual SEC filings in order as filed; has ability to search specific filings (10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.)
- “Competitors” lists competitors based on the company’s NAICS/SIC codes, companies often have multiple codes to make sure to capture all for a complete list of competitors. List will also not capture if they are true competitors or just in the same code.
Mergent Intellect (First Research)
- Mergent Intellect has several different databases.
- Select “First Research” on opening page of Mergent Intellect, enter FSU address
- Search for industry (i.e. search for “Apple” will also bring back “Music Production & Distribution”)
- Several tabs on left that contain information for Value Chain Analysis, especially “Critical Issues, Executive Insight, and Call Prep Questions”