1. Pick a company from using Mergent Online, NetAdvantage or PrivCo. The Company Dossier within NexisUni can also be useful.
2. Review locations the company are currently in around the world (if any)
3. Go to the Country Resources and look up countries that you think might be good matches for your company's products/services.
4. Start with IMF data and look at the World Development Indicators to understand the potential success of your company's products in the basket of countries you have selected.
5. Read about the market potential for your company's industry in the Industry Resources section search Mintel (esp. for CPG products), IBISWorld,and BCC Research.
6. To find qualified business partners look in the Mergent Online database's International companies section to find potential partners or distributors. Don't forget if you need logistical providers, Customs Brokers, attorney, accountant, and bank.
7. To estimate size potential for market compare sales in US or other countries to population and make percentage calculations. You can alsl look at the ITA sites in the Country Resources.