Skip to main content
Music Quick Links
Frequently Used Resources (in order of relevance)
Favorite reference books for singers
While online resources are wonderful, some information is still paper-based. Here are citations and call numbers for a few favorite reference books:
- Coffin, Berton. Singer's Repertoire. New York: Scarecrow Press, 1960-1962. AML Ref ML128.V7 C67 1960
- 5 volumes, each dedicated to a particular voice classification.
- Coffin, Berton, Werner Singer, and Pierre Delattre. Word-by-word Tranlsations of Songs and Arias. New York: Scarecrow Press, 1966-1972. AML Ref ML54.6 W65
- 2 volumes. Vol. 1 for German and French songs/arias and vol. 2 for Italian.
- Doscher, Barbara. From Studio to Stage: Repertoire for the Voice. Landham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 2002. AML Ref ML128.V7 D67 2002
- Dunlap, Kay and Marbara Winchester. Vocal Chamber Music: A Performer's Guide. New York: Garland, 1985. AML Ref ML128.V7 D86 1985
- Kagen, Sergius. Music for the Voice: A Descriptive List of Concert and Teaching Material. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 1968. AML Ref ML128.V7 K3 1968
- Kimball, Carol. Song: A Guide to Style and Literature. Redmond, WA: Pst Inc., 1996. AML MT120.K55 S6 1996 (newest edition ordered!)
Free resources on the web
Head, Warren D. Allen Music Library