Three common ways to find scholarly journal articles:
1. At the Journal Search page of the FSU OneSearch, limit your search results to Peer-Reviewed Journals.
2. Search an article database and then limit the search to scholarly (peer-reviewed or refereed) materials; or
3. Locate a journal and verify if it is a scholarly one, using Ulrich's Global Serials Directory database.
If you are still unsure of whether a journal is a scholarly journal or not, the best source to turn to is an expert in your field. Ask your professor or ask your librarian.
Run a keyword search at the Journal Search, then limit your results by Peer-Reviewed Journals.
1) At a subject database (such as ABI/INFORM Complete)
2) Enter a keyword at the search box and select Peer reviewed option (if available)
3. Then select Scholarly Journals to limit the results
1) Open Ulrich's Global Serials Directory database
2) Click on Advanced Search link
3) Enter keywords at the search box (such as Marketing)
4) Limit your results > Content Type: check "Academic/Scholarly" box
This way you will find a set of academic/scholarly journals in the field of marketing.
Florida State University Libraries | 116 Honors Way | Tallahassee, FL 32306 | (850) 644-2706