Skip to Main Content
Steps for Setup
A quick overview of the set-up steps you should take to make full use of Zotero:
- Create a free Zotero.org account.
- Install Zotero
- Link your account to your Zotero instance
- Get started!
- Don't forget about Zotero's collaboration and group collection features.
Zotero's Key Features & Helpful Information
Zotero (pronounced "zoh-TAIR-oh") is an application that helps collect, manage, and cite research sources.
- Automatically extract citation information from websites, library catalogs, databases, and more.
- Save PDF files, images, screenshots, and other files.
- Enter notes and tags that can be searched to build easy connections between sources.
- Quickly create formatted bibliographies in many different styles.
- Use Zotero with word processing programs like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and OpenOffice.
- Sync the citations and files you save online across multiple devices.
- Share your saved information online with groups.
- As an open source program, Zotero is free.
Digital Scholarship Technologist
Strozier Library, 0013 LIB