Skip to Main Content
Checklist for Managing References
- Use a citation management tool to organize the materials
- No citation management tools are perfect. It is still your responsibility to check your citations with the required publishing style to ensure that the citations are formatted properly for your paper
Citation Management Tools
For information on citation management tools including the comparison chart, see our Citation Guide.
Checklist for Taking Notes
- Identify the main points of a text that support your working thesis
- Organize your thoughts
- Organize the evidence to support the working thesis
- create a table to map how different sources relate to one another or
- create a literature reivew summary table
Apps for Note-taking
Some citation management tools have a note-taking feature. You may also want to use one of the apps for note-taking.
"Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders--and makes these notes completely searchable." iOS and Android. **FREE**
This PDF reader allows users to mark-up and annotate PDFS, along with providing easy access to dropbox. iOS only. $6.99.
Take notes naturally with a pen and erase with your finger on active pen-enabled devices
Speech to Text apps
A review article on various speech recognition tools