• What do you notice in the picture?
• Do the words exactly match what's happening in the illustration?
• How does that picture/color make you feel?
• What does that image remind you of?
• How has the illustration changed/progressed from this page to the next?
• Do the animals look real?
• Why does the cat look sad?
• Whose perspective is this illustration from?
• How do you think the artist made these illustrations?
• Why did the artist choose those colors, and why do they change here?
- Visual Literacy through Children's Picture Books, Scholastic
Main SCA Website
Email SCA Staff
FSU Library Catalog
Filter results for SCA by selecting "Library > FSU Special Collections and Archives"
FSU Finding Aid Database
FSU Digital Library
Special Collections & Archives Reading Rooms Hours
Monday by appointment
Tuesday by appointment
Wednesday by appointment
Thursday 12pm - 6pm
Friday by appointment
Claude Pepper Library Reading Room
Claude Pepper Center, 636 W Call St
SCA Research Center
110 Strozier Library, Main Floor