Skip to main content
Music Quick Links
Frequently Used Resources
Here are a few tips and tricks that have made many students and faculty say "OOOOH! Do that again!" Or "hey, that's cool! What is THAT?" You may not use all of them, but you may be able to use a few. Enjoy!
Free web tools
Free web tools (with pay options for more storage):
- Evernote http://www.evernote.com
- Great way to organize notes, photos, audio and more files.
- Includes GPS and alarm options.
- Synchronizes across devices with applications for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, in addition to the Evernote website.
- Coordinating applications for phones and tablets (e.g. Notepad, Scannable, Post-It Plus).
- Ideas for use include
- Organizing notes and ideas on different subjects
- Scanning notes, business cards, and more, then organizing.
- Incorporating photographs as part of notes or reminders.
- Work Chat and sharing options allow for collaboration.
- Premium membership allows for more storage and options ($45/year, 4GB month upload allowance).
- Zotero http://www.zotero.org
- Great for organizing readings and citations.
- Plug-ins/extensions for internet browsers make grabbing citations and downloading documents (articles, etc.) easy.
- Plug-ins for Microsoft Word and LibreOffice make citing references so easy while writing papers.
- Coordinating applications for tablets make accessing the articles stored easy (ZotPad for iOS, Android, and desktop; https://www.zotero.org/support/mobile for more).
- Forums contain a wealth of assistance because of the thousands of Zotero users worldwide.
- Storage options:
- 300 MB: Free
- 2 GB: $20/year (equal to $1.67/month)
- 6 GB: $60/year (equal to $5.00/month)
- Unlimited: $120 (equal to $10.00/month)
- If you are a Dropbox (or other cloud storage) user, you can save articles to that cloud storage, then provide links to that file in your Zotero entries—so you don’t necessarily need to purchase Zotero storage (at least for a while).
Head, Warren D. Allen Music Library