Licensed under Creative Commons
This guide includes resources for teaching critical thinking in general and in specific disciplines.
Critical thinkiers should be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Explaini the issue/problem clearly and comprehensively
2. Select and use evidence/information effectively in conducting a comprehensive analysis of the issue/problem
3. Analyze context, assumptions and perspectives when presenting a position on an issue/problem
4. Formulate a thesis/hypothesis that takes into account the complexity of an issue/problem and the variety of perspectives on this issue
5. Drawi logical conclusions and implications from the analysis of an issue/problem
FSU has adopted a university-wide curriculum initiative to help students apply critical thinking within their discipline. Through the Think FSU Quality Enhancement Plan students will apply learned behaviors taught in their areas of study to improve their ability to demonstrate the characteristics of a critical thinker.
The Critical Thinking Initiatves website has information about critical thinking at FSU and resources for faculty.