Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sharing Data Overview
Mendeley Data is a secure cloud-based repository where you can store your data, ensuring it is easy to share, access and cite, wherever you are. Mendeley Data offers the option to publish and share your supporting data files, which is often required by journals and funding agencies. See below for details on how it works.
Further Help with Mendeley Data
Mendeley Data Features
- Assign a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) to your data to help with citability
- Facilitates sharing with collaborators at a distance
- Supports multiple versions of datasets
- Discover data shared by others
- Long term storage options with DANS (Data archiving and Networking Services)
Publishing a Dataset to Mendeley
- From the Mendeley Data website, click either "New Dataset" or "Start Uploading".
- Fill out descriptive metadata, such as:
- Steps to Reproduce
- Related Links
- Optional fields as designated.
- Click to upload or drag-and-drop your files in the Data Files section of the entry form.
- Specify use and access by choosing a license and setting an embargo if you do not want the files to be made public for a specified amount of time