Skip to Main Content
Use an Internet search engine, library catalog, or database to find information on:
[Region or City]
- Websites of local tourism organizations or government office
- Websites of the local trade association (E.g., Antigua Coffee Association)
- Travel guides
- Food or travel columns from newspapers
- Try tour or festival along with the name of the region/city for a keyword search.
- Wine Tour "Napa Valley"
- Beer Festival Munich
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail
Doing Business In
- Export.gov: The US Government's Export Portal
For specific country data, click on "Market Research" on the bottom of the page. At the search screen, you will need to use the drop-down menus to find the particular country/region in which you are interested. Will lead
• Country Commercial Guides
• Industry Overviews
• Market Updates
• Best Markets
• Industry/Regional Reports
• Tariffs and Import Fees
National or local government website, equivalent to the FDA
National or local trade association websites
Do a web search using keywords such as labeling or packing.
E.g. Hawaii Coffee (labeling OR packaging) (Law OR Regulation OR Requirement)
Try Google Translator or the English version of the website, if available. Or, look for the English translation feature on the browser.
Manners & Etiquette
- GoinGlobal (from FSU Career Center)
Use this database to find a job or internship abroad and the U.S. or to find valuable information on working and living in a specific country or city. Once login, go to Carrer Guides> Country Career Guides (or choose Global City Career Guides) > select a country or city> then check out "Cultural Advice" under the Living There section. Accessible through MyFSU.edu. Find the GoinGlobal link on the left hand side under CampusLife.
Packaging or Labeling System
- Search government websites equivalent to America's FDA
- International, national or local trade association websites.
- Search the Internet using keywords such as labeling or packing along with the name of the country/region
E.g., Hawaii Coffee (Labeling OR Packaging) (Law OR Regulation OR Requirement)
- Use a browser feature for the English translator