Skip to main content
These are some student organizations relating to both Civil and Environmental Engineering.
These are a selection of databases available online through FSU and FAMU, but there are many more databases for the wide variety of specializations in Engineering. Many of them are accessible through the general "@FSU-Engineering Databases" link. Please contact the liaison for Engineering if you have questions or would like assistance locating an item.
- SAE Mobilus includes resources covering a wide range of technologies surrounding the aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicle industries. Included are aerospace standards, ground vehicle standards, aerospace material specifications, technical papers, eBooks, magazines, videos, and journals.
- Tallahassee-Leon County Geographic Information Systems: The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program for the City of Tallahassee, the Leon County Board of County Commissioners, and the Leon County Property Appraiser's Office
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts: covers the world literature pertaining to technological and engineering aspects of air and water quality, environmental safety, and energy production.
- Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts: continues mechanical engineering abstracts and provides citations, abstracts, and indexing of the serials literature in mechanical and transportation engineering and their complementary fields, including forensic engineering, management an marketing of engineering services, engineering education, theoretical mechanics and dynamics, and mathematics and computation.
- Terrafly: a technology and tools for visualization and querying of geospatial data. The visualization component of the system provides users with the experience of virtual "flight" over maps comprised of aerial and satellite imagery overlaid with geo-referenced data. The data drilling and querying component of the system allows the users to easily explore geospatial data, to create geospatial queries, and get instant answers supported by high-performance multidimensional search mechanisms. TerraFly's server farm ingests, geo-locates, cleanses, mosaics, and cross-references 40TB of basemap data and user-specific data streams. TerraFly's Application Programming Interface allows rapid deployment of interactive Web applications and has been used to produce systems for disaster mitigation, ecology, real estate, tourism, and municipalities.
Web of Science*
Web of Science includes Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Citation Index. Links to some full text. Previously know as Web of Knowledge.
A Clarivate Analytics database.
Current news in Civil & Environmental Engineering